The latest from Curbed NY, i.e. the mothership...
1) Soho: Moby sold his airy Bond Street penthouse for $5.8 million, $700,000 less than his most recent ask. Apparently his gut-renovation, which created a 37-foot great room with 19-foot ceilings, wasn't worth as much as he thought.
2) Downtown Brooklyn: Brooklyn will soon be home to the world's tallest modular tower. Barclays Center developer Forest City announced this week that the first of 15 Atlantic Yards towers to rise beside the arena will be prefabricated. The 32-story tower breaks ground on December 18.
3) Tribeca: A man who made his fortunes selling prom dresses to teenage girls picked up a $16.5 million penthouse along the Hudson River. The sprawling pad combines three units to create a 4,700-square-foot, 4BR/4.5BA with a 53-foot-long wall of floor-to-ceiling windows.
4) Greenwich Village: A lovely townhouse renovated by starchitect Annabelle Selldorf came on the market for $9.75 million. The 3BR/2.5BA features a central spiral staircase, a landscaped roofdeck, and a private garden.
· Curbed NY [ny.curbed.com]