Okay, so let's recap. Herzog & de Meuron, Pritzker Prize winning Swiss starchitects, are designing a condo tower in Sunny Isles Beach called Jade 4. The designs are said to be sensational and are slowly being leaked by the anonymous administrators of the forum exMiami. So far we have seen the north and south elevations, and some of the floorplans, and today (lucky us!) we get to gander at the building's east and west elevations. The weird thing is that even though these are the building's two main facades, basically the front and back, the Collins Avenue and oceanfront sides, whatever, they don't reveal much of anything new. But let's examine, shall we?
1) The entry drive is elevated above a glass ground story.
2) The lobby level has much higher ceilings than the others, and a thick (concrete?) band that sets it apart from the rest of the very glassy building.
3) The penthouse level seems to have some sort of three story thing going on.
4) There's some sort of elevated, windowless space above the Beach Grill.
5) That is a grand circular staircase on the beachfront, and you can see it from the street side too!
6) Materials are principally aluminum, glass, and concrete.
· Jade 4 coverage [Curbed Miami]
· Jade 4 [exMiami]