Real Deal Miami recently profiled Gil Dezer, his father Michael, and Gil's ridiculously over-the-top Porsche Design Tower in their South Florida Market Report. Ever the showman, (car elevators, sky garages, pools on balconies, unabashed consumerism anyone?) Here are the most mindblowing highlights from the story:
1) "Gil and Michael [Dezer] together own most of the beachfront property in Sunny Isles."
2) "The Dezer men are car crazy. Michael started it; Gil picked up on it. Today, Dezer Sr. spends much of his time in North Miami at the Dezer Collection Auto Museum, where he displays more than 1,800 vehicles and rents out the building's six event spaces for meetings and private parties."
3) "The Porsche project is signature Dezer — gutsy and over-the-top. It is unapologetically for men and their cars: an auto elevator, sky garages, a car concierge, a four-car interconnected virtual race simulator."
4) Finally, although the project is three quarters sold, "Nearly two dozen of the homes — 22 — under contract will belong to billionaires; one put down a deposit on one of the priciest units, sight unseen. Two Russians bought neighboring $7 million units, but one had to bail when Cyprus's finance sector collapsed."
· Gil Dezer lives life in the fast lane [Real Deal Miami]
· Porsche Design Tower coverage [Curbed Miami]