The latest news from Curbed NY...
1) Financial District: The first tower at the new World Trade Center, the Fumihiko Maki-designed no. 4, opened this week, while its sister tower, that preivoulsy known as the Freedom Tower, was officially designated the tallest building in western hemisphere.
2) Upper East Side: Filmmaker Spike Lee is known for his Brooklyn roots, but the star moved to Manhattan long ago. This week, he listed his historic 8,292-square-foot East 63rd Street mansion for $32 million.
3) Greenwich Village: In downtown celebrity news, Yoko Ono re-listed the penthouse apartment she owns on Downing Street. The place, asking $6.5M, was a former horse stable, and Ono bought it back in 1995 for her son.
4) West Village: A house that became famous by inspiring the Sex and the City creators has once again changed hands. It sold for $13.25 million, making this the third and most expensive sale in three years.
5) Upper West Side: The real estate market is hot in New York City, but some things just can't sell, like this poor $14.5 million apartment in the storied Dakota. It's been languishing on the market for a whopping seven years. The photos possibly show why...
· Curbed NY [ny.curbed]