Real Estate news and intel from New York, via Curbed NY...
1) The Bronx: Not one, but two castle-like mansions hit the market this week in the Bronx. The first, more castle-ish one is actually cheaper, at $3.65 million, but the second, listed for $8.6 million, has seven fireplaces and two swimming pools.
2) Upper East Side: Speaking of swimming pools, one of Manhattan's best finally found a buyer. The pool is part of a townhouse on East 74th Street, which sold for $26 million to Chinese developer Zhang Xin.
3) Tribeca: The penthouse of the warehouse-to-condo conversion 250 West Street returned to market this week for $39.5 million. The pad overlooks the Hudson River with a huge wraparound terrace and comes with a private garage entrance.
4) Park Slope: What does one do with money inherited from a snack company? If you're the heir to the Fritos fortune, you build an ultra modern townhouse in historic Brooklyn.
· Curbed NY [ny.curbed.com]