The dining dish from our sister site, Eater Miami...
1) Miami Beach: Eater talks with one of recently opened Tongue & Cheek's owners, Jamie DeRosa, about one week in at the restaurant, how it feels to own his first restaurant, surprises and future plans. Check out what he has to say.
2) Design District: After less than a year, Acme Bakery & Coffee is calling it a day. A press release lets us know that, unfortunately, the owners simply can't afford the lease anymore. This weekend they're offering one last brunch and 50% off their breads.
3) Midtown: Ricochet is now closed. The space has been sold to Baru LLC, which plans to re-open it as a third location of Baru Urbano. Though one of the owners, Alan Roth, says there's nothing on the line as far as future plans for Ricochet are concerned, rumor is that it may re-open at the Hard Rock.
4) Design District: Another one of Amir Ben-Zion's restaurant (the other was Cooper Avenue) has abruptly shut down. No news on the reason behind South Street's sudden closure, but a post on their Facebook seems promising: "South Street is closed ? Stay tuned for what's next".
· Eater Miami [miami.eater.com]