The big news from Curbed NY...
1) Manhattan: Go inside 13 of the city's most sumptuous hotel penthouses, the most extravagant of which is a $40,000 per night suite at the Four Seasons. Sinks carved from crystal, Japanese silk pillows, and a personal 24-hour butler are just a few of the luxuries included.
2) Midtown: Lady Gaga has moved into celeb-magnet 40 Central Park South. She's dropping $22,000 a month for four terraces, two-bedrooms, and two working fireplaces.
3) Midtown: The Plaza is New York's most iconic hotel for many reasons, including its lavish Royal Plaza Suite. The 4,490-square-foot spread is a multi-foyered wonder with a drool-worthy floorplan. It doesn't hurt that the places is decked out like a French palace.
4) Midtown West: The long-stalled Tower Verre designed by starchitect Jean Nouvel may get a kick in the caboose from a group of Asian banks. The developer of the MoMA-neighboring tower turned to the billionaire Kwee family of Singapore in hopes of securing financing to get the tapering tower off the ground.
5) Everywhere: Summer in the city means rooftop terraces because the best place to be. Curbed NY rounded up 23 of the best hotel rooftops, many of which are open to the public.
· Curbed NY [ny.curbed]