Taking a bit out of the big apple, Curbed NY...
1) Midtown: The penthouse of New York's most storied address, the Plaza, has just returned to the market for $59M. Just last year, the place was purchased for $25M, and the owners promptly sued over the "attic-like" conditions of the home, so why on earth would they think they can flip the penthouse for such an extravagant price?
2) Midtown East: Looking for a $20 million condo that has a luxurious soaking tub with views of the entire city? You can find that at 432 Park Avenue.
3) Little Italy: Zombie-killer Norman Reedus picked up a new pad in a celeb-heaving building on Baxter Street. The Walking Dead star's new digs cost $3.8 million and have three bedrooms, a wood-burning fireplace, and an astro-turfed 669-square-foot terrace.
4) Everywhere: New York's bike share opened to the public this week, and the backlash freak-out was so ridiculous, Jon Stewart and the Daily Show had to investigate. The takeaway? "They're just fucking bikes."
· a href="http://ny.curbed.com">Curbed NY [ny.curbed]