Here ye, here ye, welcome to Curbed's second ever Hotels Week, an exploration of all that is glorious architecturally, socially, historically, contextually... etc. about hotels. Stay tuned for maps and guides, history lessons, art tours, and hotel room explorations, and the most convenient hotel lobby bathrooms. Got a tip on a good, bad, or, best of all, ugly hotel experience? Do send a note to the tipline, as we'd love to hear about it.
This year, for the first time ever, Curbed's Hotels Week includes an Instagram contest worth $500 to sweeten the pot. Have an awesome hotel photo to share—perhaps one with spectacular interiors or architecture? (Exhibit A: the photo above.) The steps are as follows:
1. Follow @curbeddotcom on Instagram.
2. Instagram your hotel photo, and be sure to tag @curbeddotcom in the caption.
3. On Thurs., March 27, we'll re-gram our favorites (and publish them on Curbed National).
4. On Fri, March 28 at 4 p.m. EST, the photo with the most "likes" will be crowned as the winner, earning its photographer a $500 gift certificate to a hotel of their choice.
For those who have a not-so-beautiful experience at a hotel, we want to hear about those horror stories, too. Tweet using #hotelsweek—we'll be mining the hashtag for the best and brightest tales.
· All Hotels Week 2014 posts [Curbed National]