All the latest real estate news from Curbed NY...
1) Manhattan: A penthouse apartment in Midtown condo tower One57 recently broke the New York City record for the highest sum ever paid for a single home, selling for just over $100 million. With that in mind, here's a map of the 20 biggest NYC sales ever. Surprise—most of them are around Central Park.
2) Cobble Hill: Former Real Housewives of New York stars Simon Van Kempen and Alex McCord are moving to Simon's native Australia and have parted ways with their Brooklyn townhouse. The new owners are the founders of West Village bakery, who paid $2.67 million.
3) West Village: Tory Burch's ex-husband Christopher Burch has drastically reduced the price of his West 12th Street townhouse from $23 million to $16 million (and he had originally listed it for $27 million). To be fair, all of those prices are probably way too ambitious, as Burch embarked on a renovation after buying the place in 2012 that he never finished.
4) Greenwich Village: Jane Freilicher, who passed away last year at the age of 90, was known both as a landscape painter and a muse to an entire generation of writers, from John Ashbery to Frank O'Hara. Now, her beautiful Lower Fifth Avenue duplex has hit the market for $7.7 million.
· Curbed NY [ny.curbed.com]