Renderings and plans for all four bids have been released in full for Miami Dade college's heavily desired 2.6-acre site in Downtown Miami near American Airlines Arena at 520 Biscayne Boulevard.
The four contenders: Gregg Covin Development/Oppenheim Architecture; Nader+Museu | Limited Liability Limited Partnership; Pi Art Tech and Trade Center at MDC, LLC; and The Related Group.
Check out highlights and renderings of the four potential mixed-use projects and vote for your favorite down below.
- 57-story tower, with condominiums, office space, and 300-room hotel.
- Miami Dade College Cultural Center, with a performing arts theatre, 3,000-seat conference auditorium, 100,000-square-foot museum, 52,000-square-foot Cultural Center outdoor plaza, 75,000 square feet of covered outdoor balconies, 45,000 square feet of retail/restaurant, 300,000 square feet of office space, 215,000-square-foot boutique hotel, 40,000-square-foot athletic center, and 37,000-square-foot pool deck.
- Construction costs estimated at $500 million.
- Building space: 238,556 square feet
- Latin American Art Museum, sculpture garden, performing arts theater, 16,000-square-foot restaurant, and two 50-story residential towers totaling 500 units.
- Proposed to pay MDC $40,000 per condo unit sold in the first tower, $60,000 per condo unit sold in the second tower, and will donate $10 million in "museum quality pieces" each year. Total donation: $60 million.
Pi Art Tech and Trade Center
- Building space: 2.2 million square feet
- 80-story 1,100-foot mixed-use tower with 820,000 square feet of offices, 210,000 square feet of condos and 68,000 square-feet of retail.
- Project’s museum would house Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation. Cost of public improvements is estimated at $145 million.
- Total cost is estimated at about $1 billion.
The Related Group
- 75-story condominium tower with 350 units, 39-story office tower, 100-room hotel and 10,000-square-foot private club with free membership to MDC faculty and academic leadership.
- Cultural Center: 3,020-seat facility "ACME Hall"; 33,750-square-feet of programmable multi-functional space; 45,000-square-foot museum facility; 35,900-square-foot Sculpture Garden; 9,000-square-foot restaurant;
- Estimated construction costs are $673.7 million, with $105 million for public improvements. Offering to pay MDC 10 percent of every dollar of revenue derived from condo sales in excess of $750 per square foot.
The next step calls for presentations to be given to the evaluation committee in March, per the Real Deal.