The Betsy-South Beach recently announced a plan for renovation on their website, describing it as "a careful expansion of The Betsy, preserving our commitment to a high level of intimate, personalized service while adding facilities that will meaningfully enhance the guest experience."
The expansion of the acclaimed four-star boutique hotel -- one of only 14 Miami hotels to receive four or five stars by Forbes this year -- is already underway at the development built by architects L. Murray Dixon and Heny Hohauser.
It is expected to be completed this November and is highlighted by the following:
- Capacity will more than double, going from 61 rooms to 130 rooms, with a new suite selection
- 3,000-square-foot rooftop pool with unobstructed 360-degree views
- New board room
- Expanded fitness center and spa
- New library
- Atrium, featuring a stage, professional video, lighting and sound capabilities, a water feature and landscaping.
- Two new restaurants -- a casual dining option and Ventanita (gelato, crepes, and coffee)