A new study by online loan marketplace LendingTree ranked the popularity of 100 U.S. cities with millennial homebuyers, and Miami is near the bottom of the list. Miami ended up as No. 89 on LendingTree’s ranking, the South Florida Business Journal reports, and the city is joined at the bottom of the list by other retiree-friendly Florida cities like Tampa (No. 92) and Sarasota (#100).
This study is based on mortgage requests and offers for borrowers ages 35 years and under between Feb. 1, 2017 and Feb. 1, 2018, with rankings generated from the percentage of total purchase mortgage requests received by LendingTree from borrowers in the millennial generation.
- Miami ranks low in popularity among millennial homebuyers [SFBJ]
- LendingTree Ranks Most Popular Cities for Millennial Homebuyers [LendingTree]
- Study shows millennials are leaving Miami [Curbed Miami]
- South Florida cities, known for spring break and seniors, are transforming [Curbed]
- Here’s where millennials are moving [Curbed]