While Miami is not thought of as a classic hiking destination in the same breath as the likes of California, Arizona or Colorado due to its consistently flat elevation, South Florida does offer plenty of fine green spaces to explore—on land and water.
Hiking in Miami should not be thought of purely as a feet-on-the-ground activity as some of the best “trails” are actually on the water, creating unique adventures via paddle board, canoe, or kayak.
With CBS Miami, Miami.com, and Miami and Beaches providing some inspiration, we mapped out the nine best hiking areas across Miami. Did we miss your favorite spot? Please email us or drop a line in the comments down below.
Also be sure to check out other recent Curbed Miami maps, including:
- Curbed Miami's Pocket Guide: Fall 2017
- Miami’s 25 most expensive homes for sale
- Baywatch’s South Florida filming locations
- 15 ultimate Miami drone photos
- Bad Boys II’s Miami filming locations